FORUMS: list search recent posts

Diff size particles from each light emitter ?

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
max bretherton
Diff size particles from each light emitter ?
on Feb 22, 2011 at 4:42:47 pm

Hi..

in a prev post of mine a week ago, please see below, Mike implied that i could control the size of particle a light emits by the light intensity..

"The size you can control using the light intensity."

if i can it would be great, but i can't see how to do that as i say in my response to Mikes post. But i've had no reply.

The job i'm creating the effect on is going into full swing next week and i really need to get to the bottom of my problem.

Please help...many thanks for your time....

Best wishes...Max

thanks and my best regards...max

Creative Director - RTR Productions

Return to posts index

Harry Frank
Re: Diff size particles from each light emitter ?
on Mar 2, 2011 at 11:13:04 pm

Nope.. it can throttle the number of particles per second, but not the size.

You'd have to use another layer, and name your lights for each layer in the "Options..." like A Light, B Light, C Light, etc.

Harry J Frank
Product Evangelist | Red Giant Software

Return to posts index

max bretherton
Re: Diff size particles from each light emitter ?
on Mar 3, 2011 at 10:34:25 am

Hi Harry !!..

Thanks for diving in and responding.
Looks like your helping out the rest of the forum too.

I am at the moment using several instances of particular on one layer and many lights differently named to produce different sized particles.
Problem is the different instances of particular don't interact together spatially.
They just comp on top of each other.

Please see the pics in my previous posts to see what i'm talking bout. If you have a min to spare for me.

Looks like i'll have to make do with the restrictions.

If you could produce diff size particles from each light emitter with one instance of particular then all would be well with the world. Well not the whole world. Thinking about it in the big scheme of things..it hardly matters...i'll just crawl back into my little corner of the petri dish. There are bigger issues at stake in the world at the mo. Crickey many people are literally fighting for there lives...puts some issues into perspective eh...

my best regards to you and yours...Max

ps... i now work as post artist at StudioLiddell.com in Manchester. Check them out sometime...excellent animation firm. Lots of Kids TV work...not dynamic sexy stuff but its cute...and it's certainly impressing my kids!

Max Bretherton - Head of Post Production
http://www.studioliddell.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]