FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fixed position as a starting point for particles in Particular?

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Giegerich
Fixed position as a starting point for particles in Particular?
on Jan 24, 2011 at 1:22:47 pm

Hi there

i have had a look through the cow forums and google and still could not find any hint on how to solve my actual problem.

I am pretty sure it is possible with particular, i just dont know how ;-)

What i am looking into right now is a possibility to let a logo sihn of a customer fade away with particles. Generally no problem.

My problem is now, that the logo itself consists of hunderes of little dots (which have a little face on them and are all looking the same, but have a different size). So what we want to do is use these particles as a starting point and let them flow away from exactely this spot.

Is that somehow possible? Any help would be much apreciated.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Mike Park
Re: Fixed position as a starting point for particles in Particular?
on Feb 3, 2011 at 9:17:07 pm

Sorry, I have no idea of what you are asking. Can you post a picture of the logo as a reference, or send me a link to a site?

Return to posts index

David Larsen
Re: Fixed position as a starting point for particles in Particular?
on Feb 11, 2011 at 10:12:37 am

I'm not really sure what you're asking either.
Do you want to use the logo as an emitter? In that chase you just have to set the emitter in particular to 'layer' and select the logo.

Otherwise I'm not sure what you want to do, as particular already uses a fixed position by default. If you want more control of the emitter point, try using a light emitter. Just place a light, rename it 'Emitter', then set the emitter option in particular to 'light'.

Please elaborate if that wasn't what you were looking for.

//David
____
http://clearcutgames.net/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]