FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why can I see Lux lights through my "wall" in 3d space

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gino Guarnere
Why can I see Lux lights through my "wall" in 3d space
on Jan 13, 2011 at 10:11:51 pm

Hi there,

I made a "corridor" using a bunch of solids to create 3 hallways...there is a 45 degree turn at the end of the first hallway, then that hallway continues until it straightens back out and continues along...

I put a bunch of spotlights on the "ceiling" to light the hallway and then used Lux to get them to shine like ceiling lights.

The issue I'm having is that the lights can be seen through the walls, for example you can see the lights in the hallway that's on the 45 degree angle when you're in the first hallway and the camera hasn't rounded the turn yet...so basically the light can be seen as if the wall isn't even there. What I am attempting to do is of course not see the light until the camera is flying through that corridor, and I can see all my lights even at the beginning of the camera move...I hope that makes sense.

Anyway, this seems like an easy one but i'm not getting the light to be obscured by the wall that should in theory be blocking it until the camera turns into that corridor.

Thank you so much!
G

Gino Guarnere
http://www.pixeldustfilms.com

Return to posts index

Matthew Keane
Re: Why can I see Lux lights through my "wall" in 3d space
on Jan 19, 2011 at 2:28:13 pm

Hi,

I think the problem may be down to the mix of 2D and 3D layers. Lux is rendered on a 2D layer and, if it is at the top of the layer stack, it will appear on top of 3D layers. When I ran into this problem, I ended up duplicating the Lux layer with one copy behind the layer I wanted to obscure the lights. If you name your lights, you can get the different copies of Lux to respond to different lights, so some will show up on one Lux layer, and not the other.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]