FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using a movie clip as a particle

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Huenergardt
Using a movie clip as a particle
on Oct 27, 2010 at 7:06:13 pm

Hi,

I have a Quicktime file I'm wanting to use as a custom 'sprite / particle' in Trapcode Particular 2.1.0

I have everything working fine, but the the only setting that allows my Quicktime to to play (not just show a still frame) is the 'Current Time'. All other options just display a still frame from the video when I do a RAM preview.

Is this even possible? I want my clip to play/loop and be dispersed through the particle system.

Thanks,

JIm

Return to posts index

Mike Park
Re: Using a movie clip as a particle
on Oct 27, 2010 at 9:10:52 pm

yes,

switch the time sampling under the particle rollout to random loop and it should do what you want.

Best,

Mike

Return to posts index

James Huenergardt
on Oct 28, 2010 at 4:47:30 am

OK, so here's what I figured out.

It does work, as long as the 'Physics Time Factor' is set to something other than 0.

I was wanting to 'freeze' my particles in space and move a camera around them.

It works with 'current timecode', but I want them to all be different. It won't work with 'random-loop.'

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jim

Reel Inspirations - http://www.reelinspirations.com
Commercials, Dramas, Image Pieces, Documentaries, Motion Graphics

Return to posts index

Mike Park
on Nov 3, 2010 at 2:51:47 pm

The time factor parameter works for all settings inside Particular. You can accomplish the same thing a number of ways. First, you can precomp the layer and try time remapping. That is a little messy as you have to adjust your camera move to the time remapping. Next, why not try to increase the air resistance to stop the particles. Finally, if all else fails, simply duplicate your comp, set the time factor to 0 on the second comp where you want the particles to freeze and use the first layer for the moving particles and the second layer for the frozen particles. If you want to reanimate them, do the reverse. This works great, unless you want the particle to slow down to a stop.

Hope this helps,

Mike

Return to posts index

James Huenergardt
on Oct 28, 2010 at 3:52:06 am

That's what I selected, but it shows all the clips as stills.
They are random, but stills.

If I pick 'Current Time', the video clips play, but they all play the same thing.

Reel Inspirations - http://www.reelinspirations.com
Commercials, Dramas, Image Pieces, Documentaries, Motion Graphics

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]