FORUMS: list search recent posts

Animation using Particular flickers

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pim Meelhuysen
Animation using Particular flickers
on Oct 24, 2010 at 11:36:26 pm

I used the smoke screen tutorial from VideoCoPilot to create an animation, which is fairly simple.
I have a still background and a from left to right moving smoke emitter (created with Particular). When I render my animation I see a flickering effect every few seconds about 30 times (during my animation). Below some settings:

Composition settings preset: HDV/HDTV 720 25

With "add to render queue".
- Render settings quality: best/draft, resolution: tried all.
- Output modele format: Quicktime Movie, compression type: H.264 (also tried without).
- The rest default.

I've put the animation online!

I have tried many things, but cannot find the right answer. Can somebody help?

Return to posts index

Pim Meelhuysen
Re: Animation using Particular flickers
on Oct 27, 2010 at 9:27:05 am

Anyone?
I posted this question also at VideoCoPilot's forum, but nobody is answering there as well and I'm really stuck. So please, if anyone is able to help, please do.

Return to posts index

Mike Park
on Oct 27, 2010 at 9:06:44 pm

I am guessing you are rotating your camera around and it looks like things are popping on and off. If so, this is because the particles are probably sprites and orienting toward the camera. As you rotate, the relative positions of the particles change with respect to the camera with a particle which was initially behind, suddenly being in front. This is most likely what is causing the popping problem. Solution, turn your particles into textured polys, which will give them true 3d positions and eliminate this problem. I hope this helps.

Best,

Mike

Return to posts index

Pim Meelhuysen
on Oct 28, 2010 at 7:14:18 am

Thanks a lot for answering! I am not making use of a camera, but I rather animate the position of the particle (from 340px to 960px - the original composition is 720p). I did set the Emitter Size Z, but also setting this to zero, did not solve it.

Return to posts index

Mike Park
on Nov 3, 2010 at 2:55:42 pm

Looking at the video, this is an encoding issue, not a Trapcode Particular issue. When you ram preview, does it do the same thing? If all else fails, render out to a png or jpg sequence then reassemble it in afx or premiere. Perhaps not the most ideal solution, but it will let you see what frames are causing the problem. You can then manually render out those missing frames, or simply duplicate the frame before it and rename it to patch the offending frames.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]