FORUMS: list search recent posts

Text to sand using Particular

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shawn McGrath
Text to sand using Particular
on Oct 16, 2010 at 8:46:55 pm

Hi there.

I am using Trapcode Particular and am wondering if it's possible to perform a text to sand transition using Particular rather than Form. The only tutorials I've found for doing this are for Form. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks!

Shawn

Return to posts index

Mike Park
Re: Text to sand using Particular
on Oct 17, 2010 at 12:22:28 pm

Try here:
http://www.redgiantsoftware.com/videos/redgianttv/item/22/

This is Aharon Rabinowitz's tutorial showint how to turn text to sand on Red Giant TV.

Best,
Mike

Return to posts index

Shawn McGrath
on Oct 17, 2010 at 2:48:45 pm

Thanks for the link. I've see that before and want to duplicate it, but not using Trapcode Form. I'd like to use Particular instead.

Is this possible?

Thanks,
Shawn

Return to posts index

Mike Park
on Oct 18, 2010 at 1:02:27 am

Not only is it possible, but I have recorded a video tutorial for you which shows you exactly how to do it. It should be up tomorrow or the next day, depending on how fast they do the artwork and links.

It was waaaaaaay better than trying to explain it. What version of After Effects and Particular do you have?

Return to posts index

Shawn McGrath
on Oct 18, 2010 at 3:02:00 am

Wow! Was the video already planned or did this post inpire you? I can't wait to see it!

I have AE CS5 and Particular 2.1.

Looking forward to it!

Shawn

Return to posts index

Mike Park
on Oct 18, 2010 at 11:22:18 am

Yes, it was for you. I didnt have any plans to do that until you asked. But since you did, I felt others might like to know how to do it. Since you have cs5 and particular 2.1, you can download the project file and edit it for your own needs.

Best,
Mike

Return to posts index

Mike Park
on Oct 19, 2010 at 5:47:32 pm

Shawn. The tutorial is up now.

Return to posts index

Shawn McGrath
on Oct 21, 2010 at 3:19:21 am

The tutorial is absolutely fantastic. It is exactly what I was hoping for. Thanks Mike!

Question, how did you learn about this technique originally?

Great stuff!

Shawn

Return to posts index

Mike Park
on Oct 21, 2010 at 12:40:14 pm

You are welcome. Glad it helped. I learned Particular by watching a few video tutorials from Aharon Rabinowtiz and then just spent a lot of time using it. As for the text to sand effect, I made that particular method up. Once you know how Particular works, you can pretty much tailor it to your needs. If you want to know more about Particular, I have a training dvd here at creative cow called Practical Particles, which pretty much covers most of the elements in Particular.

Best,
Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]