FORUMS: list search recent posts

Practical Particle DVD question

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Regis Frossard
Practical Particle DVD question
on Oct 5, 2010 at 8:39:59 pm

Hi Mike,

Happy owner of the DVD, I was wondering (and searching in vain), in project 9, how to change for instance the path of the particle, let's say instead of vertical, horizontal or in z axis (kind of diagonal).
I guess I'm not that good in Maths as I tried to change the sin and cos from x to z and y position (with some pretty weird result).

Thanks and Regards

Regis

PS: the courses are great ;o)

Return to posts index

Mike Park
Re: Practical Particle DVD question
on Oct 5, 2010 at 11:54:50 pm

If you want it to go in a straight line, just omit the expression for making the path circular and key frame the emitter position itself. I hope this answers your question. I am glad you enjoyed the tutorials.

Best,

Mike

Return to posts index

Regis Frossard
on Oct 6, 2010 at 5:24:51 am

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply. What I was saying is to keep the circular path for the particules but instead of having the animation vertically let's get it on another axis, let's say instead of a building like in the tutorial, a moving around a bridge for example. Maybe changing the camera view will do...

Thanks and regards

Regis

Return to posts index

Mike Park
on Oct 6, 2010 at 8:38:49 pm

The best way is to switch up the functions. right now, the rotation is happening on the xz plane with y animating the up and down. Switch the cos function to the y value and animate the z paramenter to go forward and backward in space, or switch the x and y parameter to have the motion go side to side. I hope this makes sense.

Or, just rotate the camera. However, this is not an ideal solution since it would also rotate any 3d layers in the scene.

Return to posts index

Regis Frossard
on Oct 7, 2010 at 5:09:48 am

Hi Mikr,

Thanks a lot.

Thanks & regards
Regis

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]