FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particular Dust Effect

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Nelson
Particular Dust Effect
on Aug 19, 2010 at 11:03:57 am

Hi Mike, loved the bullet tutorial, gave me some ideas, thanks. Would you be wiling to help me out with a Particular effect that has been making me crazy as it should be a no-brainer. Here is a link to the basic concept (http://vimeo.com/14256774). This was created with 2 instances of particular and some custom/layer emitter magic. I'm wondering if there is a simpler way to achieve the same effect with a single instance of Particular with more dynamic control, i.e., having the dust "settle" after billowing? If you could, have a look and let me know what you think? To download my project and the video, use this link:

https://download.yousendit.com/T1Vua3ZBNDQzeUpFQlE9PQ

Thanks
Kevin

Return to posts index

Mike Park
Re: Particular Dust Effect
on Aug 19, 2010 at 12:41:05 pm

Kevin,

I am not sure exactly what you want. Do you want the particles to start on a plane, be blown up in the air and then settle back down on the plane? If so, the main problem you will have is that the first part would use air physics for blowing the particles and spin and turb, while the second part would use bounce physics to control the interaction with the plane. Can you be a bit more specific as to the exact goal of the comp.

Mike

Return to posts index

Kevin Nelson
on Aug 19, 2010 at 12:51:22 pm

Mike,

"Do you want the particles to start on a plane, be blown up in the air and then settle back down on the plane?"

Ideally this would be the goal, however I understand the limits of Particular and mixing and matching Air and Bounce. I'd actually be happy finding a simple way to do the former - starting with a plane of static particles, blowing them in the air and swirling around using one instance of Particular.

Kevin

Return to posts index

Mike Park
on Aug 19, 2010 at 1:18:13 pm

If I get what you are asking, I think it will still take 2 instances of particular. One for emitting the particles on the ground plane initially, and one for having the same particles blowing up in the air. The problem is you cant keyframe the wind or gravity parameters, or have a delay like you can with spin or turb. I think the way you did it is the only way right now to emit particles on a plane and have any delay before they blow up into the air. Now, if you wanted this effect in 3d max, I could whip up a particle flow in about 5 minutes to do exactly that. If it were a project I was working on, that is what I would do.
Best,
Mike

Return to posts index

Kevin Nelson
on Aug 19, 2010 at 1:39:06 pm

Got it! Thanks Mike.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]