FORUMS: list search recent posts

flower fireworks

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leo Hagedorn
flower fireworks
on Jun 9, 2010 at 5:45:52 pm

I came across Lloyd Alvarez's great tutorial on making flower fireworks. I purchased Trapcode particular to do this effect and so I am a newbie using this software. One of two things happen when I try to form the flower. Either I just get a silhoutte of the flower in the color of the particular layer, or I get a ball of particles with the right colors of the flower but in a random order. Any ideas?
Thanks.

Return to posts index

Mike Park
Re: flower fireworks
on Jun 14, 2010 at 3:23:18 pm

I have not watched the tutorial, but this is a pretty easy effect. You need to position the flower source layer in 3d space where you want your firework effect. Then create a new layer and put particular on it. Change the emitter to layer source and change the layer texture to the 3d flower layer. Now, look at the options for the layer. You want the setting to have the particle use the layer color and set it to particle birth time. Now, the particles will have the right color when they are birthed. Next, alter your particle shape and size to your hearts content. Turn on some gravity, add a little spin and turbulence, and you are pretty much done.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]