FORUMS: list search recent posts

particles

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john henry
particles
on May 31, 2010 at 4:39:44 pm

sounds silly but how do you make the floating particle field? someone suggested the tutorial for energetic titles or something but that was of no help due to the fact that the particle field was already set up and pasted into the new project from the old project.... I'm have CS3 and trapcode on a PC.

jghenryjr

Return to posts index

Mike Park
Re: particles
on May 31, 2010 at 8:00:12 pm

What exactly do you mean by a floating particle field?

Return to posts index

john henry
on Jun 3, 2010 at 1:34:12 am

in many of the tutorials like sure target and energy titles they show the text floating in what looks like floating dust particles and the camera passes by them in route to the next object. almost tlike everything is floating in dirty water

jghenryjr

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Jun 3, 2010 at 4:06:36 pm

Andrew Kramer didn't use particular for that effect, he accomplished it with CC Particle World(don't get mad at me for answering the question, I know it's not a trapcode product)---and while it's a bit hard to find with the multiple tutorials on using SureTarget, he does explain how he did it in one of them.

Basically though apply the effect to a solid. Set a birth rate around .5 or so.

Longevity = whatever you need, 10 seconds should cover it.
Change settings---Radius X= 1.5, Radius Y = 1.5 and Radius 2.

Velocities should be set to 0.
Particle type is "faded sphere", adjust birthsize & deathsize color to taste and you should be set.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
http://www.thinkck.com

Return to posts index

john henry
on Jun 4, 2010 at 3:09:38 am

i can use whatever it takes to do the effect, i just want to know which tutorial to use so i can follow step by step

jghenryjr

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Jun 4, 2010 at 11:11:58 am

VideoCoPilot-82 Energetic Titles, about 8 mins into it.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
http://www.thinkck.com

Return to posts index

Mike Park
on Jun 4, 2010 at 12:25:11 am

If you want to use particular to do this, just change the emitter type to box and adjust the xy and z dimensions to a large value. Then, you can adjust the velocity and spin settings of the particles to give you the look you are after. It is pretty straight forward. This is one instance in which virtually any particle generator will work as long as it is 3d. The big advantage Particluar has over the built in particle generators in After Effects is the ability to add turbulence and spin to the particles to add randomness to the particles.

Return to posts index

Amir Abed
on Jun 13, 2010 at 12:28:07 am

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]