FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particles disappearing when going too close to the camera.

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nico Jones
Particles disappearing when going too close to the camera.
on May 27, 2010 at 1:20:55 pm

Hallo,

I've set up an AE comp to appear as though it's looking through the cockpit of a spaceship.

I've set up a particular emitter some way in front of my camera, and am firing lots of hollow, rectangular custom particles (textured polygons) directly at it to give the impression that we're travelling very fast down a tunnel.

It's working well for the most part, but the particles are disappearing when they get too close to the camera. I need the POV 'pilot' to be able to look to the left and right and see the rectangles flying past them, but obviously this isn't possible if they disappear too soon.

None of the visibility options seem to solve the problem. Any ideas?

many thanks,
Nico

Return to posts index

Mike Park
Re: Particles disappearing when going too close to the camera.
on May 27, 2010 at 2:32:11 pm

Did you check the near and far fade values? Be default, particular fades particles from opaque to transparent from 10 to 0 units from the camera. This is to create smoother transitions when a particle is coming right at the camera. However, this is not what you want sometimes. Let me know if this doesnt fix the problem.

Mike

Return to posts index

isabelle lassalvy
on Sep 23, 2011 at 10:48:52 am

That's it.
it works for me.
Thank you very much.

Return to posts index

Nico Jones
on Jun 1, 2010 at 10:11:59 am

Hi Mike, thanks for your help.

No the near fade control has no effect, strangely. The objects suddenly disappear, they don't fade, if that means anything!

Thanks,

Nico

Nico J BB

Return to posts index

sven giebel
on Jun 11, 2010 at 1:13:10 pm

exactly the same problem here. Photos I animate pop away, when they're close to the camera. When I pan in vertical axis or in z-axis away from the camera they pop in again, but they refuse to face the camera.
I fiddled around with particle size and near-far vanishpoints but I can't fix it.
Hm...

Return to posts index

andy bay
Same problem
on Jun 21, 2010 at 12:34:14 pm

Same problem here with Form. Using relatively large custom particles, dont know if that has to do with this issue.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]