FORUMS: list search recent posts

3DTracking & Compositing into Live Action with Particular

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Walsh
3DTracking & Compositing into Live Action with Particular
on May 18, 2010 at 9:22:21 am

OK, the subject says it really. I am fine with linking 2D and 3D Null Objects to Particular to create motion but I'm 3D motion tracking using PFHoe and having trouble using that data to accurately control Particular. Let me explain....

I export from PFHoe into AE as a .ma file and use the Null Objects to create a motion track. That works fine, BUT the tracking data is assigned to either a floor plane or a wall or a ceiling or whatever which are all on one of three 3D axes (X,Y or Z). However, particular works on all three so if you assign Particular to one of these planes you end up with a 2D skewed version of Particular just on the wall or the floor.

I hope I'm making sense.

Is there any way to link my 3D tracking data to Particular or do I have to track in 2D and then manually keyframe my Z axis???

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Mike Park
Re: 3DTracking & Compositing into Live Action with Particular
on May 18, 2010 at 3:35:27 pm

Maybe I am not understanding your problem. PFhoe is matchmoving software, I believe. As such, it takes 2d footage and extrapolates a 3d camera move based on changes in perspective of tracked points. What you export should be a 3d camera move. Are you attempting to track a specific object in PFhoe? You will still need to export the 3d camera to AFX to have Particular behave properly. If you have a locked off camera and are simply tracking an object's path in 3d space, you need to picwip the x,y position of Particular to the x,y position of the tracked null. Then, seperately picwip the z Particular position to the z position of the null. I assume the Null is moving in 3d space. If you have only tracked an object in 2 dimensions in PFhoe, you either need to retrack it in 3d or you will have all kinds of problems with Particular as any manual changes in z depth will screw up the x and y positions in relation to your footage.

Hope this makes sense

Return to posts index

Tom Walsh
Re: 3DTracking & Compositing into Live Action with Particular
on May 18, 2010 at 3:58:44 pm

Yeah, that worked. Nice one.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]