FORUMS: list search recent posts

trapcode particular 3d photo montage

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john henry
trapcode particular 3d photo montage
on Mar 8, 2010 at 10:51:56 pm

anyone have any idea why the particals do not appear from my trapcode plugin for after effects. attempting to follow the tutorial for 3d photo montage and for some reason nothing happens after i add the new solid and attempt to add the trapcode particular effect

jghenryjr

Return to posts index

Mike Park
Re: trapcode particular 3d photo montage
on Mar 9, 2010 at 1:41:22 pm

Are you using a mac or pc?

Return to posts index

john henry
on Mar 10, 2010 at 3:55:41 am

I am on a pc I did manage to figure it out thanks but ran upon another snag in the tutorial.... in the tutorial it mentions clicking on and highlighting the layer then click on particular and change the particle type from sphere to custom mine doesn't say custom.. i've got three types of sprite and three types of textures, plus glow, cloud, star and streak but no texture

jghenryjr

Return to posts index

Mike Park
on Mar 10, 2010 at 1:52:14 pm

The issue is you are using Particular 2.0 and the tutorial was made with Particular 1.5 or previous. In 2.0, Trapcode introduced a few new particle types, specifically sprite, textured polygon and streak. Streak is meant to emulate the popular light writing effect so commonly seen today and made famous by the ipod commercials. Sprite and textured polygon took over for the old custom particle type. The difference is that sprite particles always face the camera while textured polygons are now truly 3d and can rotate in 3d space independant of the camera. Choose whichever one suits your scene better. After you select the particle type, look down the dialogue box and you will see a texture rollout. That is where you select your layer to use as your particle source.

check out trapcode's site for a video tutorial on the new features of 2.0 or check your documentation if you are still having problems. They may be able to sort you out quicker than posting. however, if you still run into problems, I will be here.

Best,

Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]