FORUMS: list search recent posts

3D Stroke Frustration

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Buck Miller
3D Stroke Frustration
on Mar 3, 2010 at 7:30:53 am

I am working in an AE CS4 project that has all 3d layers. When I make the Trapcode 3D Stroke layer 3D, it loses it's volume characteristics, and responds to light which I would rather it not do in this case.

But when I keep it 2D and get the volume and brightness (not affected by lights in scene) that I want, I get a "jumpy" response when I try to animate it. What I mean is, I have applied to stroke to a simple oval mask, and chose my thickness, taper attributes, some manipulation to Rotation options in the effect (not the layer since it is 2D), and keyframed my offset.

My strokes comes into frame as expected, and goes out of frame as I have keyframed, but for a couple of the dozen frames it is in view, it jumps over a couple of hundred pixels to one side or the other. It does this for one frame, goes back to it's keyframed course for a few frames, then does that again (off one frame then back where it is suppose to me) before leaving view. Any idea what setting I may have wrong? Seems that when I manipulate the Rotation in the Transform section of the effect's tab, is when I start having the problems. but I need the rotation options available so I can have the stroke come in from behind camera and "swoop" through the scene.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Return to posts index

Mike Park
Re: 3D Stroke Frustration
on Mar 5, 2010 at 1:41:53 pm

First of all, when you make any trapcode layer 3d, it effectively squashes the 3d nature of the layer into a 2d layer which can then be animated, rotated...just like a 2d solid. So, that is not what you want.

As for the other issue, it sounds a bit strange. Have you purged your cache? It sounds like you have some rendered frames which are sticking around after you made your adjustments. Save the file, and then purge everything. Worst case scenerio, save, shut down afx and reopen and see if that solves the problem.

Best,

Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]