FORUMS: list search recent posts

Linking Particle Start Point to a Moving Object?

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jeffrey fitzgerald
Linking Particle Start Point to a Moving Object?
on Mar 2, 2010 at 3:42:10 pm

I am using Particular 2, working on a something where smoke is coming out of a bottle. The person holding it moving a lot and I need the smoke trail to stay with the bottle top until it dissipates.

How do I tell particular to lock on to that point? I know it could be a parent on the XY but there is no pick whip to do it. In the obvious mad rush im blanking more than my dads old black and white TV... thanks.

Return to posts index

Mike Park
Re: Linking Particle Start Point to a Moving Object?
on Mar 2, 2010 at 3:49:11 pm

Not exactly sure what you want to do. Do you want it to act like real smoke where it is influenced by the change in position or do you want the entire column of smoke to stay above the bottle?

If the first, you need to create a null object and then track the bottle top and apply the track points to the null. Then under the emitter settings in particular, alt click the xy position stopwatch and picwip to the null position. Now the emitter will track the bottle top.

If the latter, you still need to track the bottle top, then you can simply parent the entire particular layer to the null. Make sure you leave the emitter in the middle of the layer and move the entire layer to the correct position for this to work.

Best,

Mike

Return to posts index

Megan Shea
on Mar 2, 2010 at 8:42:06 pm

Thanks Mike. I appreciate the help.

Return to posts index

jeffrey fitzgerald
on Mar 2, 2010 at 8:43:13 pm

Thanks Mike. I appreciate the help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]