FORUMS: list search recent posts

s any plugin in trapcode good to reveal a growing city?

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Abel Cot
s any plugin in trapcode good to reveal a growing city?
on Feb 4, 2010 at 1:51:36 am

I am want to reveal out of still picture a growing city block, and I am not sure if any trapcode plugin can do this sort of thing for me. Sort of a growing vine but instead using a city. What plugin do you recommend for this and do you have any link for any tutorial on this subject using that specific plugin?
Thanks a lot,
AC

AC

Return to posts index

Mike Park
Re: s any plugin in trapcode good to reveal a growing city?
on Feb 4, 2010 at 2:55:15 pm

Abel,

Not sure exactly what you are looking for. Is there a video clip you could link to which would show the effect you are after. I can think of a bunch of ways or looks someone may use to make a city grow, just not sure which one of those you are looking for.

Mike

Return to posts index

Abel Cot
on Feb 4, 2010 at 3:11:28 pm

Mike: I haven't seen any commercial yet with what I am trying to come up with. Most of the time they build the city themselves and make out of the those pretty regular Rectangular Buildings separate layers. But in my case we are talking about pretty irregular Rectangular Buildings. This is what I have in mind. I made out a still real picture a cartoon city (removed sky and earth and left just buildings). In my presentation I want to show that city from left to right or right to left or growing from bottom up.. like revealing the buildings little by little. Do you get it now?
thanks a lot for your support!
Abel

AC

Return to posts index

Mike Park
on Feb 8, 2010 at 7:47:03 pm

I may be confused. Is there any specific order you want the buildings to be in. If so, using Particular would be the wrong way to go since it is great at random, but not really cut out for specific images in a sequence without some tweaking. If all you wanted was to have the buildings grow from left to right, you could put an expression onto their scale layer and have the time offset by their index number. I know it sounds complex, but it really is not. Just put the anchor point at the bottom of the building and then either keyframe the scale and copy and paste and offset, or write a simple expression to stagger it based on the layer order or index. You could also have the buildings scale only in the vertical direction if that was the look you wanted.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]