FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particular question.

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Roughan
Particular question.
on Jan 29, 2010 at 1:59:15 pm

Hi everybody.
Is it somehow possible to use particular in a way that could somehow emulate water pouring into a glass?
Like somehow (with a path or an alpha perhaps?)restrict where the particles go after they fall. I know in bounce mode you can determine a plane where they will stop or slide or whatever, but say instead of a plane, i had an open cube, and wanted the particles to fill it up, like liquid. Or am i over-reaching?
Thanks for any help
Simon

Return to posts index

Mike Park
Re: Particular question.
on Jan 29, 2010 at 2:11:34 pm

To be frank, I think this would go beyond the bounds of what I would use Particular for. If you are looking for a simple animation for say a science diagram or something non realistic, you could probably work something out that looked halfway decent. However, if you are looking to composite this into real footage or try and make it photorealistic, you are going to be disappointed. Particular does not have fluid dynamics like say, Real flow, and is pretty limited when trying to control where it goes. Easy to tell it where to start, hard to tell it where to stop.

Return to posts index

Simon Roughan
on Jan 29, 2010 at 2:38:22 pm

Thanks for the quick reply, Mike.
This is my problem. I was asked by one of our customers to make a medical animation of a blood clot. He showed me an example that was very high end 3D. I said sure, I can do that (I know my way around Cinema 4D), but it would take me 3 days and cost mucho dollero. He doesnt have that kind of budget, so I suggested making something quick and dirty in 2D with particles in AE. So basically, I want a particle stream to act as if it hits something and builds up like a clot. When particles in particular cant do that, I must think of some other solution. But in now way must it be photo realistic or anything.
Can you help?

Return to posts index

Mike Park
on Jan 29, 2010 at 3:45:50 pm

Is this similar to what you are looking for?

511_bloodclot.mov.zip

If so, yes, Particular can do this (with a few tricks) very quickly and easily. Anything more than this, and you are pushing it.

Best,

Mike

Return to posts index

Simon Roughan
on Jan 29, 2010 at 4:10:14 pm

Thanks again for your reply. Ive already made something that is half way ok, using various layers and pre-comps and masks etc etc, but it looks ok. thanks anyway...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]