FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trapcode not displaying a "CUSTOM COLORIZE" in particle type?

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hairston Williams
Trapcode not displaying a "CUSTOM COLORIZE" in particle type?
on Nov 19, 2009 at 2:19:30 am

Hi everyone,

I am currently doing a tutorial on using custom particles. Im trying to make clouds out of the particles themselves but when I try and add them, the option for "CUSTOM" or "CUSTOM COLORIZE" is not there. The closest thing is sprite colorize. It seems ive been able to do this in the past, however, it doesnt ring a bell but I need some help finding out whats going on. Can anyone help me?

Kindly,

Hairston

Return to posts index

Mike Park
Re: Trapcode not displaying a "CUSTOM COLORIZE" in particle type?
on Nov 19, 2009 at 3:44:20 pm

Trapcode particular split up the custom particle into 2 new types, Sprite and Textured polygon. The only difference between the two is that sprite remains auto oriented toward the camera, same as the old custom type and the textured poly can be independantly 3d. So if you rotate the camera around the particles, they act like 3d layers in real 3d space.

Hope this clears things up.

Mike

Return to posts index

Hairston Williams
on Nov 22, 2009 at 1:41:37 am

Yes it does help, However, I just want to know what option to select in order to upload my own particle type, like you would do with 1.5 when selecting custom colorize. I need to know how to do this with version 2. Thank you very much for your response.

Hairston

Return to posts index

Mike Park
on Nov 24, 2009 at 6:34:05 pm

You just go down to the texture rollout beneath the particle type rollout and choose the layer or comp you want to use as the custom particle texture.

Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]