FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trapcode Particular Training

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noelle Stransky
Trapcode Particular Training
on Nov 2, 2009 at 5:18:34 am

Hello, I'm starting to dive into the world of Particular and have been unable to find training or books that are devoted to Particular. I'm thinking along the lines of the Peachpit Press training books, or Mark Christiansen's After Effects books. Even something like Lynda.com.

I'm looking for something that will help me learn how to use the controls and not just create an effect someone else has figured out. Which is the case with most of the tutorials I've found.

I hope this has not been covered before, any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks
Noelle

___

http://www.noellestransky.com

Return to posts index

Mike Park
Re: Trapcode Particular Training
on Nov 2, 2009 at 2:07:31 pm

Noelle,

I dont think what you are asking for exists. I know of no book where particular is explained in depth like your are looking for. the problem is that it is a plugin for After Effects, and a GREAT one, but no one has felt there is a big enough audience to make a book on it. That being said, I have a dvd coming out next month on how to create things with Particular. It is not exactly what you are asking for, control by control explaination, but it walks the line between explaining Particular and how to use it to create end products. Most people want to see how to create something, not just theory. If you go through the dvd - over 4 hours and 11 projects - you will have a great understanding of how to use particular and what everything does. You will learn and use basically every major aspect of Particular from the different emitters to the bounce and air physics, to custom particles, to the new HDR, to the world transform and some key work arounds for common problems. The dvd is a master series dvd named "Practical Particles" and should be available from Creative Cow in about one month.

If you have any specific questions about Particular or its settings, you can ask me here.

Best,

Mike Park

Return to posts index

Noelle Stransky
on Nov 4, 2009 at 3:11:49 am

Thanks Mark!

I was worried that would be the answer, I'm going to keep scouring the internet but I will keep an eye out for your DVD!

___

http://www.noellestransky.com

Return to posts index

Mike Park
on Nov 10, 2009 at 4:42:21 pm

Noelle,

Just wanted to let you know that the Particular dvd is finished and will be going to print. Should be available from creativecow in 3 to 5 weeks.

Also, you might want to check out the latest version of Red Giant TV at http://www.redgiantsoftware.com I did a guest tutorial on a smoke effect using Particular. It is pretty in depth and may help you with learning to use Particular. Be warned - it is over 30 minutes long - but I think it is worth it.

My best,

Mike Park

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]