FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particular question

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan RAPAPORT
Particular question
on Oct 9, 2009 at 1:43:34 pm

Hello

I need to make an effect of an image which separates in different pieces of same size each. Like one image to 20 images.
I need to change the image of each piece (but a precomp should help me easily)
Then the 20 images moves randomly in the space and rotate after some time to reveal a backside.

Is particular the right tool to do it?
Is it possible to do it and is it possible to rotate each particule in a unsync way.
Can I give a different plate for each face of the particule?
/ / => / 1/ 2/ 3/ => 2
/ / / 4/ 5/ 6/ 4 6

rotation => 8
10 12

Thanks

Dan

Return to posts index

Mike Park
Re: Particular question
on Oct 9, 2009 at 2:40:32 pm

If I understand your question correctly, the answer is yes and no. Particular can break up your image into a set number of smaller images. Use layer grid and use a square particle precomp and adjust the size accordingly. However, it cannot take a piece of the texture of the large image and map it to the smaller one. You have to use a texture. You may want to check out Andrew Kramer's fracture tutorial. I think you can use it to do what you want. It can be found here:
http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/fracture_design/

Also, try out dan ebbert's expressions to create the backside. He has an expression which will cause a layer's opacity to drop to 0 when not facing the camera. With a little creativity, you can set up 2 instances of fracture effect and reverse this expression to get 2 sides of the image, each facing the camera from the proper side. I think this is your best bet.

Best,

Mike

Return to posts index

Dan RAPAPORT
on Oct 9, 2009 at 3:00:44 pm

humm
interesting
thanks for the answer
I'll check the tutorial and the script

I'll check also the texture workaround because yes, the image mapping could have been right :)

Thanks a lot

Dan

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Oct 9, 2009 at 9:57:34 pm

if i'm under standing what you are looking for, it sounds like you want card wipe.

it will divide up a layer into a specified grid, has jitter controls that can make the tiles (cards) move/fly around randomly in 3d space and allows for a backside image to be specified with control over the transition (flip) to reveal the backside.

the only negative i can think of is that it does not support native motion blur, so you will need to precomp it and add force motion blur, or add force motion blur to an adjustment layer above the card wipe layer... but either way it adds considerably to the render time.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]