FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shine shimmer supposed to be that processor intensive?

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles Gagne
Shine shimmer supposed to be that processor intensive?
on Sep 19, 2009 at 4:43:05 pm

Hi, I'm beginning to play with trapcode shine effect and I'm very impressed.

I've animated a very simple 1 sec animation of a circle with shine applied to it to make it look like a "ring of fire". to make it shimmer on the 1 sec I had to put the shimmer amount to 3000 otherwise it doesn't shimmer very much... Now I want to export it to flash so it gives me a small 48ko xfl file but when I put this animation as a movieclip and put it on the web, my firefox process is displaying a lot of processor activity for this simple ring... I know it's the ring since my flash anim with and without have very different processor result.

I'm wondering if it is normal or if I did something wrong? If I put the shimmer amount down it doesn't seem to shimmer so is there a way to solve this so it is less processor intensive??

Thanks

Return to posts index

Mike Park
Re: Shine shimmer supposed to be that processor intensive?
on Sep 21, 2009 at 1:20:04 pm

Forgive me, but if you render a movie out, there should not be any difference (much difference) between a nearly blank animation and one full of effects. I assume you rendered the comp out and that flash is not generating the effect everytime you play the flash animation. Something is strange here.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]