FORUMS: list search recent posts

Generating Random Particles from PreComps in Particular (1.0)

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joshua Galbincea
Generating Random Particles from PreComps in Particular (1.0)
on Aug 4, 2009 at 11:00:34 pm

Is there a way to generate random particles using Particular in the previous release (not 2.0) from a precomp?

I thought you could precomp a scene and have Particular generate particles from a random frame(using one frame per layer)but I can’t seem to get it going…maybe I'm crossing tutorials!

Return to posts index

Mike Park
Re: Generating Random Particles from PreComps in Particular (1.0)
on Aug 5, 2009 at 2:45:18 am

what exactly do you want to do. I am a little confused. Can you be more specific?

Return to posts index

Joshua Galbincea
on Aug 5, 2009 at 4:07:32 am

I have about 20 different images in a photoshop file brought into AE as a layered Comp.

I need: Particular to generate the particles based off these images.

I want: To know if Particular can randomly generate particles using random layers from the Photoshop layered Comp so that One emitter spews out the 20 different images completely randomly.

Return to posts index

Mike Park
on Aug 5, 2009 at 1:41:27 pm

The answer is yes - although "completely random" is debatable. Particular will sample a comp or layer and take a random frame and use that as a custom particle. However, in my experience, it is not quite as random as I would like. There will be some duplication.

Instead of typing a novel on how to do this, I did this instead. I hope you enjoy...

186_particlescustom.rar.zip

If you need more assistance, please let me know.

Mike Park

Return to posts index

Mike Park
on Aug 11, 2009 at 2:04:06 pm

Josh,

did you find what you need. I noticed that you did not download the video I made for you and wondered if you had figured it out.

Mike

Return to posts index

Shawn Hoglund
on Aug 31, 2009 at 8:50:01 pm

Thanks for the post Mike. I am doing a similar project, and I wanted to find out how you would do a seamless loop with these random particles. I have a number of icons "raining" down with various speed and Y rotation. How can I make a 10sec loop with out doing a slice and blend type workaround?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]