FORUMS: list search recent posts

3D Stroke - Use it to reveal an image

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Nery
3D Stroke - Use it to reveal an image
on Jul 17, 2009 at 9:43:12 am

Hi,

I need help, I've looked over Andrew Kramers tutorial on Graffiti Writing using the built in Stroke Effect in AE, and I was wondering if the same effect could be achieved using 3D Stroke? By that I mean, for example, could 3D Stroke be used to reveal an image of a tampered arrow, just like the Andrew in AK's tutorial?

Any help would be beneficial.

Regards,
James

Return to posts index

Mike Park
Re: 3D Stroke - Use it to reveal an image
on Jul 17, 2009 at 2:51:18 pm

Hey James,

The answer to your question is yes, any layer composed of grayscale data can be used as a luma matte to control opacity of another layer. What you need to do is place the layer you want to reveal below another blank black solid. Draw the stroke lines with the pen tool on the black solid layer. Apply 3d stroke and animate the start and end points. Then change the track matte mode of the reveal layer to luma matte of the solid black layer with the stroke applied. Adjust the stroke animation until you get the reveal look you want.

Best,

Mike Park

Return to posts index

James Nery
Re: 3D Stroke - Use it to reveal an image
on Jul 17, 2009 at 8:24:31 pm

Thank you very much Mark, I greatly appreciate it, it was taking me a long time trying to animate this using AK's technique of using AE's stroke, and I found it could only have a stroke thickness of 50px.

Once again thanks for your reply,

Kind Regards,
James

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]