FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particular 2 and XP64

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Morrell
Particular 2 and XP64
on Jul 15, 2009 at 8:30:56 pm

I am being bombarded in recent days by many sources asking me to upgrade to particular 2. I need to know that it works with 64 bit windows OS before I can consider upgrading.

Many of the Red Giant Plug-Ins do not work on XP 64 or Vista 64. Does anyone know if the new Particular works with 64bit OS's?

I could see them not testing XP64, but to create new plug-ins that do not support any 64 bit OS's is something that will keep me from buying a plug-in.

Return to posts index

Mike Park
Re: Particular 2 and XP64
on Jul 15, 2009 at 9:20:33 pm

Hey Mike,

I dont have a definitive answer as for Particular 2.0...I have not yet upgraded myself - just too many things going on. However, I have one computer running XP64 bit with CS3, CS4 and Particular 1.51 installed on both with no problem. My laptop has Vista 64 Ultimate running CS4 with Particular 1.51, also with no problems. While I dont know if 2.0 is any different, I really don't see why it would not work since 1.51 works fine.

Sorry I could not give you a straight yes or no.

Mike Park

Return to posts index

Mike Morrell
on Jul 15, 2009 at 9:40:15 pm

Thanks Mike, I have the exact same setup. It is not so much the Trapcode plug-ins, but the Red Giant Plug-ins that do not like 64 bit. Now its been a while since trapcode was taken over by Red Giant, so I was fearing that some of the RG influence might have taken over the trapcode developers.

I was really upset when I ungraded the Magic Bullet suite some time ago only to install it and it did not work. The listed system requirements were sketchy at that time but after talking with Red Giant, they said that they would not be supporting 64 bit any time soon. So while I would like to upgrade to Particular 2.0, I want to make sure that it will work first.

Return to posts index

Shawn Miller
on Jul 16, 2009 at 5:36:17 am

It seems to work for me on WinXP 64. I haven't done any in-depth testing, but it seems to work with some of my previous projects.

Shawn

Return to posts index

Mike Morrell
on Jul 16, 2009 at 11:34:28 am

Great! Thank you Shawn for posting.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]