FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particular: Trying to keep same amount of particles form start to end

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Raymond Frake
Particular: Trying to keep same amount of particles form start to end
on Jun 16, 2009 at 9:44:57 pm

I'd like to move some particles along a motion path, but I need them to start and finish with the same amount.

What I'm doing is moving a "comet" along a motion path. The particles making up the comet are custom particles of a logo element that I want to move throughout a specific scene.

That part is no problem. I'm just having problems creating - say - 50 particles - and keeping that number from start to finish. Right now the comet keeps emitting new particles. Any setting I've tried either removes or add too many particles or don't get close to what I'm trying to do.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ray

Return to posts index

Mike Park
Re: Particular: Trying to keep same amount of particles form start to end
on Jul 11, 2009 at 3:36:42 am

Have you keyframmed the emitter to emit on frame 1 and stop emitting on frame 2. Then make sure your particle life is set to the comp duration. Adjust the particles per second keyframe on frame 1 until you get the right amount. Then you should have the same amount of particles for the comp duration.

Best of luck

Return to posts index

Raymond Frake
on Jul 11, 2009 at 3:41:01 am

Your suggestion is exactly right. Finally figured it out awhile ago, but thanks for posting. Much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Mike Park
on Jul 11, 2009 at 5:25:00 pm

Sorry I took so long to respond. I use Particular ALL the time. In fact, I am working on a training dvd as we speak. I usually haunt the main after effects board and did not even know this board was here. Glad you got it sorted.

Mike

Return to posts index

Raymond Frake
on Jul 11, 2009 at 6:01:42 pm

Let me know when your training videos are ready. I'd love to check them out.

Return to posts index

Mike Park
on Jul 13, 2009 at 5:07:27 pm

Will be happy to. The dvd will be a Creative Cow Master Series dvd and will be advertised here at the cow. I will probably be putting out some free tutorials regarding particles about the same time. So, be on the lookout.

Mike Park

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]