FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trapcode form, amazing effect I would love to know

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Conan Stott
Trapcode form, amazing effect I would love to know
on Jun 2, 2009 at 6:55:18 pm

Hi.

I have attached a link to a great effect and although I am teaching myself form I can not work out this one. I would actually love to use this effect as it goes perfect with a film I am currently involved with. Any Ideas???

Also, does anyone know any great tutorial sites for trapcode? I am currently on the trapcode site and it helps but many of the tutorials are quite old.

Thanks again

Regards

Conan :-)

Return to posts index

Mike Park
Re: Trapcode form, amazing effect I would love to know
on Jul 13, 2009 at 4:40:15 pm

Sorry it took so long to get a response. I am usually on the main After Effects forum, and did not know this even existed.

To hopefully answer your question, you can do this effect in form. You need to use 1 layer in z and set your particle position to be driven off the luminance value of the video you are emulating. Then just mess with the settings - turbulance and the like - and finally crossfade between your form particle layer and original video - color corrected, of course.

As for tutorials, I am actually working on a Master Series dvd video tutorial on using Trapcode Particular - 13 projects with all the source files. I think it is great, of course :) Keep your eyes open in the next few months. Any more questions, I will be lurking here on the Trapcode forum quite often now to assist.

Best of luck.

Mike Park

Return to posts index

Travis Roop
Re: Trapcode form, amazing effect I would love to know
on Dec 22, 2009 at 2:00:30 am

Way late but maybe still relevant-
yes this is form effect and a great tutorial on how to accomplish it can be seen here

http://maltaannon.com/articles/after-effects/milg5-form-face/

Thanks to Maltaannon for all his great knowledge and teaching and presets!

Travis Roop
Editor
bitMAX Hollywood
troop@bitmax.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]