FORUMS: list search recent posts

echospace 1 layer not behaving properly in 3d

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jay ingles
echospace 1 layer not behaving properly in 3d
on May 21, 2009 at 3:47:25 pm

hey.

im working with echospace to create a rotating panel of circles. I've found that 1 or 2 repeats made by echospace always seem to be in front despite the fact they are indeed pushed back on the Z-axis.

Im not sure if its a glitch (had to use "purge all" at times to get things to display properly).

echospace is applied to a 3d layer in one comp and nested into another comp where the camera move is applied. Continuously rasterize is enabled to interpret the elements inside.

Take a look at the reference video to help understand. In the final frame you'll see a 'circle/pod' on the left is infront of one of the silhouettes despite the fact it is behind it.

This error is consistent as the panel rotates...that particular disk (and 1 more) remain infront. I believe this is the parent layer that echospace was applied to.

Any sugg's?
thanks.
/j

http://shorts.creativecow.net/film/parent-echospace-layer-appears-infront-o...

jay

Return to posts index

jay ingles
Re: echospace 1 layer not behaving properly in 3d
on May 21, 2009 at 4:12:17 pm

this is going to get confusing to explain but here it goes.

i believe one of the layers that is problematic (not the parent) may be the result of having to relink the layer (option-drag into comp to replace).

in the example, you'll see that each rotating person would be revealed with a name and the silhouette turns into a stylized image. To do so i required echospaces 'echos' to be independent. so i can go into a particular 'echo' and reveal the original image (without affecting the other silhouettes).

this might help. or throw you off. sorry if so :)

jay

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]