FORUMS: list search recent posts

Getting Organic Light streaks with particular HELP ME!

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
christina rule
Getting Organic Light streaks with particular HELP ME!
on Apr 16, 2009 at 2:31:37 pm

Hello! Im trying to make light streaks that are very clean and organic looking.... I have tired using the Video co-pilot techniques as well as the AE tuts...http://ae.tutsplus.com/tutorials/vfx/create-an-illuminating-light-painting-..... I know how to generate the light streaks.. but when I key frame the movements Im getting really sharp lines... nothing smooth like I want.. is it because the object I am tracking has so much fast movement?

http://www.christinarule.com

Return to posts index

Neal Hammers
Re: Getting Organic Light streaks with particular HELP ME!
on May 28, 2009 at 11:27:17 am

For me the key-word in your post is "so much fast movement" which mean you have to "slow" it down, to get more time samples (keyframe inbetweens) for track.

1. Following the tutorial's logics, you should go to the comp LightSwirl_preComp and make it at least two times longer and then expand all layers to this new length.
2. Reveal fingerTrack's keys, select them all and Alt+click+drag last key to the last frame - all other keys should smoothly update their positions over time. If there are some other keys (like for obscuration mask), then be sure to include them in your selection before dragging.
3. Do preview of new streak. If its shape is not smooth enough, then expand this comp even more and repeat steps 1-3 until it looks good.
4. After this go to main comp and enable TimeRemapping for LightSwirl_preComp layer and move the second of newly created keys to the last frame of main comp. (One of easy ways to do this is to set main comp's length same as LightSwirl_preComp's and drag that second time-remap-key backwards over time until it lines up with other layers out-points. Then you can crop main comp to its previous length.)
Thats it.
n

Return to posts index

Mike Park
Re: Getting Organic Light streaks with particular HELP ME!
on Jul 13, 2009 at 4:52:53 pm

The answer to your question is yes, fast movement will cause the linear problem you are experiencing. Trapcode 1.51 and prior uses After Effects built in linear interpolation to track emitter placement. If an object moves too fast, Particular will interpret it as a series of straight lines. This problem has been fixed, i believe, with the new version 2. The new version uses subframe sampling within particular to solve the problem. The fix for using earlier versions is to slow your base comp speed down to where particular acts and interpolates smoothly, precomp this layer and use the base video as a guide layer, and then bring in the precomped particles and speed the layer back up to normal time. I would use something easily multiplied like 20% speed and then 500% speed.

Or, you can upgrade to 2.0.

Hope this helps,

Mike Park

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]