FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kink in Particle motion path

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Jackowiak
Kink in Particle motion path
on Apr 2, 2009 at 3:17:49 pm

Hey guys,

I made a solid and created a path in Z space between 2 points and adjusted the handles to make a curved path. I then parented the XYZ positions of my particle emitter to the solids path through an expression. The path of the solid is a smooth continuous curve. But as the emitter follows it, the path is not smooth. There are kinks in it. My spatial interpolation of the path in the picture I'm showing is currently a continuous bezier. However, I have tried all combination's of different spatial and temporal interpolations to solve the problem with the same results. Does anyone know why I'm having this problem or how to resolve it? Thanks!

http://comcastcs.com/autouploads/particle_issue.gif

Return to posts index

Shawn Romano
Re: Kink in Particle motion path
on Apr 9, 2009 at 4:25:20 pm

John, I have experienced this problem as well. I will tell you why I think the particles don't follow a smooth path: because Particular only reads whole frames in the spatial path, and not the interpolated space between. These "kinks" are not so visible in paths that curve gradually, but are made very evident in ones that curve sharply and have relatively few frames between keyframes.

My suggestion would be to increase the distance between your two keyframes on the timeline, which will in effect cause the animation to be much slower. Then, adjust the "Physics Time Factor" to the same factor you increased the space between the keyframes by. For instance, if you move your keyframes from being separated by 10 frames to being separated by 30 frames, increase the Physics Time Factor to 3.0 to compensate for the loss in speed. Good luck and let me know how it goes.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]