FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particle Overflow

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph Duerst
Particle Overflow
on Mar 13, 2009 at 2:34:32 am

I am having a problem with Particular.

Created a spiral tunnel using particular, to create the spiraling line, I had to use a lot of particles. Now when I try to render it, I get a particle overflow error. Is there any solution?

I have tried to reduce the life of the particles, but I do not want them to disappear on camera. The camera travels through the tunnel. The comp is only 25 seconds long, but I have set the life at 15 so that particles no longer in view can disappear.

I also have problems with particular sometimes where if I push it to hard or do something suddenly to drastically change the settings, the animation I have the emitter doing will cease to appear. So in this case, sometimes the spiral will disappear and the emitter will just travel in a straight line in the middle of the screen. I wonder if this is a particle overflow issue too. To solve this, I have simply saved often and if this does happen, I just back up to a previous save before the error. In addition I have found that if this does happen, I can simply make a new solid and copy the effects to that solid and it will work, but the original layer is useless once there is this error.

I need to solve this particle overflow error. Any thoughts?

I'm running a Macbook Pro, CS3.

JD

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]