FORUMS: list search recent posts

Alpha Matte Particles

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Rotter
Alpha Matte Particles
on Mar 4, 2009 at 7:53:04 pm

Is there a way to control the particluar particles alpha matte where as you would see the composition at 100% opacity then the particles would animate from left to right as as the particle position was animated the alpha matte opacity would becoming more visible until the particles take on the composition ?
Currently using particular I'm using AE alpha matte and the particle take on the composition from start to finish I want the particles to over time take on the alpha matte sorta like a transision ?
I've tried dozens of methods and although learning more about particles, this problem I cannot figure out, it doesn't matter if I use particular or particle world although I prefer particular because it's faster.

Return to posts index

Jordan Suleiman
Re: Alpha Matte Particles
on Mar 10, 2009 at 7:31:28 am

Hi,

Not sure if I entirely understand your problem? What is wrong with the way you're doing it now? So the way you are doing it now is using the particles as a matte, in order for it to act as a transition. Is this not working for you?

Return to posts index

Christopher Rotter
Re: Alpha Matte Particles
on Mar 10, 2009 at 4:09:21 pm

No, it wasn't working because I needed to have the particles not cause the transition until a specific time which means that the composition is shown then at a frame would the track matte particles come in, but because you can't turn on and off track mattes, and I tried using the opacity switch but that just turns my whole composition blank when the opacity is set to 0% which I don't want. I have gone with another method that looks alright but I thank you in your support.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]