FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particular Question & Problem

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Rotter
Particular Question & Problem
on Feb 15, 2009 at 5:31:15 pm

Hello, I would like to know how I can preview my particular within the composition not the tiny preview window in particular ? Also I'm a bit stumped on how to turn a pre-comp into particles as I want the pre-comp to blow off the screen at a specific frame ?

Return to posts index

Antoni Jones
Re: Particular Question & Problem
on Feb 16, 2009 at 8:26:31 pm

Create a solid and apply the particular effect to the solid, it should appear in the comp window as white orbs/dots by default. If you want to used custom particles then create it in After Effects etc and pre-compose it by going to Layer/Pre-compose. Then go back into your particular composition and drag in the pre-composed layer, turn the eyeball off so you dont see it. In the particular effects controls twirl down the "Particle" and under particle type select "Custom". Twirl down Custom and set the Layer property to use your pre-comp.

Hope that helps.

Return to posts index

Christopher Rotter
on Feb 17, 2009 at 4:03:31 am

I don't see the white orbs after creating a solid and applying particular.

Return to posts index

Christopher Rotter
on Feb 17, 2009 at 2:48:11 pm

Alright, I see the white orbs the problem was my composition background was white :) Now I have to ask you this one question in order for me to have particle come in and blow my pre-comp off the screen I have to use a particle system for example particle world and pre-comp that layer then go into particular and select the particle world pre-comp as the "custom" and that would work in blowing another pre-comp off the screen? I don't see how that would work since I'm telling particular to create custom particles from other particles.

Return to posts index

Eddy Bergman
on Feb 23, 2009 at 12:51:34 am

Can't you use the Shatter or Scatter effects to blow your precomp to pieces? Or is that not the effect you're after?

Return to posts index

Christopher Rotter
on Feb 23, 2009 at 3:51:37 pm

I will try those and see what I come up with, thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]