FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particular Question

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Derek Natzke
Particular Question
on Nov 7, 2008 at 7:51:04 pm

I have Particular and would like to generate a "dust" look that doesn't grow (birth) or die. I just want the particles to exist on screen so I can rotate/move them (xyz). I will be putting a logo in the midst of the particles. This is a atmospheric look. How do I accomplish this?

http://www.trapcode.com/gallery/Fire_flower_h.mov

Here is an example. Reference the first 30 seconds.

Thank you,

Derek L. Natzke
Producer, Life Studios
http://www.lifeteen.com

Return to posts index

Alex Bruce
Re: Particular Question
on Nov 14, 2008 at 7:31:03 pm

that clip is both stunning and stunningly well made.
I'm doing my best to recreate some of the effects, but some of them seem beyond me, However some are trivial! unfortunately there isn't simply one kind of particle system in play in the first 30 seconds, infact my estimation is there are no less then 5 unique systems, and those are just obvious simulations, he might have used several for one effect, such as the particles traveling along with the fire.

If your goal is to have a field of particles that last a long time for you to pan through, then my suggestion is to check out the preset t_starfieldStatic1 for trapcode, which generates a large field of stars that you can navigate in.

any specific effects you're after in there? Keep in mind that author (Pierre Michel) has done alot of work on that project, so your base components won't necessarily look good until they are correctly added and used in the scene.

an example is in several scenes that are burning, with embers rising towards you, it's not the embers that really sell the fire effect, they are important, but its really the distortion

Are you referring to the scene at 18s -> 21s?

Also if i might toss something in here:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]