FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particular - Custom Particle - Time Sampling - Current Time Still Frame?

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dino Muhic
Particular - Custom Particle - Time Sampling - Current Time Still Frame?
on May 29, 2008 at 4:22:08 pm

Hi,

a question for Particular:
When I use a comp as a custom particle can I set the particle to use the current frame of the this comp BUT just a still frame at current time? Imagine a option like Time Sampling: "Current Time Still Frame"?

I hope you understand my question. I dont want the particle to play the whole comp but just the one frame at the current time.

If its not possible I would like to request this as an option in the Time Sampling option list. :)

Thank you
Dino Muhic

Return to posts index

Ron Coy
Re: Particular - Custom Particle - Time Sampling - Current Time Still Frame?
on May 29, 2008 at 4:58:56 pm

you can make a still of one frame of your comp and use that as your custom particle.

Return to posts index

Dino Muhic
on May 29, 2008 at 7:13:14 pm

no, I don't mean it that way.

Lets say I have a composition where an letter is changing from A to B to C and so on every frame:
1st frame: A
2nd frame: B
3rd frame: C
and so on...

Now I use this comp as a custom particle and want the emitter to emit just 25 particles in a second which means 1 particle per frame on a PAL comp.
First particle (1st frame) emits an A
Second particle (2nd frame) emits an B
25 particle (25th frame) emits an Y

If "current frame" is enabled in the Time Sampling menue from Particular then every emitted particle would change on every next frame (the A would change to B on the next frame and to C on the next frame) BUT I don't want them to change, I want them to stay at the letter which they had when they were emitted.

Did you understand what I mean?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Ron Coy
on May 29, 2008 at 8:00:35 pm

ok. I understand. You want the particle to be emitted and stay the same as it was when it was emitted, as opposed to changing into the next frame of the comp.

sounds like you should go over to the toolfarm forums and request that as a feature, or ask there if there may be a way to do that. I don't think there is, but it would be interesting to have something like that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]