FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particular: How to make the camera seem like the emitter?

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Kugler
Particular: How to make the camera seem like the emitter?
on Mar 13, 2008 at 8:18:31 pm

I'm stumped on this one. My goal is to make my camera appear to be the emitter. In the shot, my camera is dollying backwards through space. I want the particles to emerge into the shot from around the lens as it moves (without appearing to pop out of the glass of the lens itself.) It's like I need to make some sort of halo to be the emitter. Can vector paths be emitters? The next problem is getting the emitter to parent with the camera. I tried using an expression to link the emitter's Z position with a null object's Z position and then tried parenting the null object with the camera but no success. The emitter doesn't follow the camera. Advice? Suggestions? Let me know if I need to explain any of this better!

thanks,
Chris

Return to posts index

kirk tabalotny
Re: Particular: How to make the camera seem like the emitter?
on Apr 21, 2009 at 1:04:56 pm

better late than never... If you have Particular vers 1.5, you can use the Motion Path emitter method, & parent the 'motion path' light to your camera. Check Particular's Help files for this. It may be better to link the camera & motion path light via an expression on position. This way you can then muck around with the expression to find an offset position for the light that (hopefully) prevents the appearance of the particles emerging directly out of the cam. lens (also try playing with the visibility>near/far disappear+fade controls. Check out this tutorial http://www.redgiantsoftware.com/videos/redgianttv/item/16/# for more about these controls)
Just make certain your Particular emitter location is at the same physical spot as the motion path light at the light's first motion path keyframe. Likewise, align the motion path light & camera locations first, if you link them via parenting.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]