FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trapcode Form and comp camera

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greme
Trapcode Form and comp camera
on Jan 25, 2008 at 7:27:00 pm

I may be being incredibly stupid here, but I cannot find how to completely link trapcode form with the composition camera. It appears to be quasi-linked with the composition camera, in that it moves when the camera itself moves, but the movements never seem to be quite in sync with other 3d objects in the scene. It's as though the camera movements become more exaggerated on the Form layer.

Any help resolving this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Harry Frank
Re: Trapcode Form and comp camera
on Jan 28, 2008 at 2:50:11 pm

It is going to be linked to the comp camera, regardless. It can't be "kind of linked". It sounds like you are running into troubles positioning the resulting particles of Form to be exactly where you want them (which is indeed a challenge sometimes). If the particles of Form are positioned in Z space much differently than your objects, they will appear to move quite differently.

Maybe start with the basic unmodified Base Form, and get the perspective to match in XY and Z. Check the Z values between the Form "Center Z" and your other objects Z values. Then try increasing the Size Z and Particles in Z, which should create particles that are both close to and further away from the camera. You should start to get a feel at the point where the Form particles and 3D AE objects correlate.

Harry J Frank
Freelance Motion Designer
graymachine.com

Return to posts index

Greme
on Feb 1, 2008 at 11:41:35 am

Thank you for the help. I realise now that it is not the camera which is off, but the lack of particle obscuration by the target 3d layer which creates the illusion of mismatched camera (the object would be behind the form particles but appear to be in front of them).

I can however not see an obscuration layer option as appears in particular.

Return to posts index

Harry Frank
on Feb 1, 2008 at 3:30:42 pm

Unfortunately, particle obscuration is not an option within Form at this time, although I'm hoping that it does become an option. Until then, one option is to use a Track Matte layer, and mask the Track Matte accordingly.

Harry J Frank
Freelance Motion Designer
graymachine.com

Return to posts index

Graeme Duncan
on Feb 4, 2008 at 5:00:01 pm

Track Matting could work very well, the shot is simple enough.

Many thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]