FORUMS: list search recent posts

Form reacting to object

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Timothy Montgomery
Form reacting to object
on Jan 25, 2008 at 4:05:57 pm

How do I get a smokey form field to wrap and twist around an object.

Return to posts index

Timothy Montgomery
Re: Form reacting to object
on Jan 28, 2008 at 4:52:52 pm

No one seems to be answering here.

I'm trying to generate cigarette smoke moving through a room. I need to keyframe the emitter position and size properties, making it difficult to position and create a proper reaction with the displacement fields and a displacement layer.

Any tips here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Harry Frank
on Feb 1, 2008 at 3:42:07 pm

Well, it's a pretty generalized "how do I do this" question. It's hard to tell what you've tried, or what problems you are having. Getting this to look right is going to be a mix of getting the right Base Form shape, Fractal Field, Flow, etc. So, if you were asking specific questions about what you are having difficulty with, you'd probably get more response.

What might help get you started is a basic smoke thing with Form that is posted here:

http://aefreemart.com/2007/11/16/trapcode-form-3-smoke/

It still needs a little work, but it might get you started so you can start tweaking it and get some more specific direction to your challenge.

Harry J Frank
Freelance Motion Designer
graymachine.com

Return to posts index

timothy montgomery
on Feb 11, 2008 at 12:23:38 am

Thanks Harry. That'll get me started. I'm having the most luck with strings as the base with random opacity and size settings turned up. Fractal distortion is making it look smokey with some tweaks.

Mostly I need help displacing the form to a specific background plate. Since you need a displacement map that is the same size as the form emitter, it is difficult to prepare an accurate plate when moving the particle x,y,z position and size.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]