FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shine AE CS3

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
HolyCowSeattle
Shine AE CS3
on Oct 18, 2007 at 12:35:54 am

All,

I am experiencing problems with SHINE in AE CS3.

It does not render correctly when I render out to any codec that is interlaced/has fields enabled on the render.

Example...I render a project to Uncompressed 8-bit lower field...all layers affected by SHINE render with incorrect GAMMA (VERY VERY DARK!)
If I render the same project to say....ANIMATION codec without fields...everything renders correctly.

ALDO:
I find that I group elements into precomps a LOT and then apply SHINE to the precomp in the "master project". Sometimes even two or three precomps are nested...and shine applied within one of the nested precomps. In these situations I also find that SHINE does not render (sometimes at all regardless of fields/no-fields) in the multiple nestings.

My confusion stems from the fact that everything ALWAYS previews correctly when I am working.

ATTEMPTED FIXES: I have disabled/enabled GRIDIRON NUCLEO with no effect. I have disabled/enabled the AE multiprocessing function with no affect. I don't know anything else to try.

So folks...I am lost here. My workaround is that I am rendering everything without fields---fortunately our NLE's handle this without a hitch/unwanted motion artifacts. (Media100HD Suite machines)

Any thoughts? Is this a known bug? (( The new REDGIANT support section/system is a little confusing/frustrating/not very gratifying. ))

Regards,
-P

MACHINE:
Apple Intel 1164-CORE Cyber-Net Station
36 KiloTerabytes Ram
OSX 19.2.1 VelociRaptor
Quicktime 12
24 Kiloquad Data Pipe to the eCentral RAID core
Final Cut w.Virtual Reality Studio V9.0.4
iDirect Neural Interface
MSOffice 2024
After Effects CS14

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
Re: Shine AE CS3
on Oct 18, 2007 at 11:12:00 am

Hello,

This seems to be a problem when using field rendering with Shine. We're working on a solution. For now, frame renderings seems the only way to get rid of the problem.

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

Micah Sharp
Re: Shine AE CS3
on Oct 18, 2007 at 7:34:55 pm

Hi there, we do have a fix for that, and I will put new installers up on our website hopefully today. Please contact me or our support directly with any questions.

Your machine specs are wicked!

Thanks!

Micah Sharp
micah@redgiantsoftware.com

Support
john@redgiantsoftware.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]