FORUMS: list search recent posts

Echospace-Repeatable Echo Randomization

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shawn Marshall
Echospace-Repeatable Echo Randomization
on Aug 13, 2007 at 11:37:45 pm

Hello:

I was working on a compostion in a project (AE 6.5) and using Echospace to repeat a layer five times, using the X and Y Offset Random to animate and spread the layer out in a sort of random array. I played around with those parameters to get a dispersion I liked, then continued on with the composition.

I later had to revise the composition, so I duplicated my original comp and started revising the duplicate (saving the original for reference and backup, in case I screwed up.) I then found that my randomized Echospace layers were in a completely different arrangement. I'm guessing the random seed changed between the original comp and the duplicate. Is there a way around this so I have my layers dispersed indentically between identical comps? I'd rather not precompose that group of 3D layers.

I suppose I could convert the expressions to keyframes as a last resort.

I have to do this loop in six translations, so I'd rather not have to make six copies of the same project. I'd like to have six compositions, each in a different language, within the project.

Thank you.

Shawn Marshall
Marshall Arts Motion Graphics

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
Re: Echospace-Repeatable Echo Randomization
on Aug 14, 2007 at 2:53:57 am

I'm afraid that's just the way Echospace works. It uses AE's built in random function and according to the docs:

"the seed is computed as a function of a unique layer identifier, the property within the layer..."

There is no way not to depend on the unique layer id for the random seed.

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

Shawn Marshall
Re: Echospace-Repeatable Echo Randomization
on Aug 14, 2007 at 3:43:12 am

Hi:

Thanks for the reply. I guess it's time to bake.

Shawn Marshall
Marshall Arts Motion Graphics

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]