FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trapcode particular 1.5 installation issues in Intel Mac

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gbalaji
Trapcode particular 1.5 installation issues in Intel Mac
on Jul 30, 2007 at 10:08:07 am

I tried to install Trapcode Particular 1.5 on my MacBook.

Adobe After Effects CS3

The particular plugin is not located in my effects/trapcode folder.

Any ideas why its not installed correctly?

Return to posts index

Virtual Light
Re: Trapcode particular 1.5 installation issues in Intel Mac
on Jul 31, 2007 at 1:09:29 am

Actually the plug-in is installed inside /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/CS3/MediaCore

Why, for the life of me, this is the installation point is a mystery. BCC5 also installs at this location. What's the matter with the Plug-In folder inside the application?

Jim

Return to posts index

gbalaji
on Jul 31, 2007 at 5:21:13 am

Thanks Jim.

I created the folder structure /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/CS3/MediaCore and tried installed trapcode particular plugin and it works.

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
on Jul 31, 2007 at 9:51:25 am

I think this is the situation. In CS3, PPro uses only the "Common" folder and AE scans it too. Since some of the Trapcode plugs work in PPro CS3 (Shine, Starglow, 3D Stroke) we had to put them there (if we put them in AE plugs folder PPro won't see them, and if we put them in both, AE would complain about multiple copies). Then we decided to put all Trapcode plugs in the same folder.

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

iwasink
on Aug 20, 2007 at 5:23:15 pm

Im also having issues installing particular.
I tried making the common folder and installing the plug-in as described above, but once I did that, I still dont see the "trapcode" option available in the effects drop down menu.
Could someone please tell me exactly where to place all the trapcode folders? This is really frustrating, I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks

Return to posts index

jcarrow
on Aug 21, 2007 at 2:27:16 pm

I am having the same problem. I really nned to use particular for a project I am working on, but can't seem to install it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

jcarrow
on Aug 21, 2007 at 2:27:27 pm

I am having the same problem. I really nned to use particular for a project I am working on, but can't seem to install it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

ilweonair
on Sep 22, 2007 at 1:17:10 pm

Hi friends!!
Well, this is the installation procedure:

1. Create this folder structure /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/CS3/MediaCore/

2. Install Trapcode Particular 1.5 for AE7 in /MediaCore/ folder

3. Launch the updater for AE CS3 version

That's all!!

;)

ilwe

Return to posts index

mx6driven
on Sep 25, 2007 at 6:37:39 am

I just did what was written, i have intel mac with cs3 and ae cs3, i did the whole library thing in 3 different ways, I downlaoded shine and 3-d stroke before, so would there be two different trapcodes? well i installed them with 2 different folders, no go, i installed inside that folder, no go, i installed inside another trapcode folder that was there no go. Also after installing the particular does not have a .plugin at the end of the name particular, it also comes with two diff folders, trapcode and then trapcode particular ffx, where does this go?

Return to posts index

sofia plana
on Feb 24, 2008 at 4:07:05 pm

Hi,
I did what u said and still doesn´t work.
When I istall the cs3 updater it says "No installation was necessary. The files to be installed are already on your disk, or are not needed for your hadware setup"
I can´t see the trapcode on the effects drop down menu.
I do see the trapcode particular ffx folder on the effects & presets on the right, but not the plug in and If I try to click on any it just says the Particular is missing.( I was able to see it before I did the Mediacore folder)
I can´t seem to find any solution for this on any forum...do U think u could give me a hand with this, i´d really appreciate it! :)
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Dorus van Lieshout
on May 30, 2008 at 1:53:25 pm

Hello All,

I Have the same problem (working with AE CS3 on a Macbook pro Intel Core Duo with Leopard)

Some of the trapcode plugins were automatically installed in the MediaCore folder (these plugins were 3Dstroke, Form, Shine and Starglow). The other plugins (Echospace, Lux, Sound Keys, Particular) said I should select the After effects plugin folder, so I did that. I couldn't see these plugins in AE, so I put them in the MediaCore folder too, that still didn't work. These plugins also didn't have a ".plugin" extension so I added the extension but it still doesn't work. Not even after a AE CS 3 update (no updates needed), or a reboot.

Does anyone know the answer on this issue because it seams a lot of people are experiencing problems even after the previous posts.

Return to posts index

Kevin Brebner
on Oct 12, 2008 at 12:23:17 am

Chalk another one up for not being able to recognize the plug ins in After Effects after explicitly following the above directions.

Return to posts index

Jack Dunn
on May 26, 2009 at 10:55:23 am

Hey Guys,
I am trying to uninstall Trapcode Particular 1.5 from After Effects because i am having problems with it.
What ever i seem to do, Trapcode always appears in my effects drop down.
I have removed everything related to it from /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/CS3/MediaCore
I have reinstalled After effects, Once using the remove aspect from "setup".
I have used AppZappa and Appcleaner to remove after Effects, but still when i install after effects, it has trapcode already installed.
How do i get rid of trapcode!!
Can anyone please, please help me, i have been trying to resolve this for months now.

Thanks alot,

Jack

Return to posts index

Dorian Rodriguez
on May 4, 2008 at 2:58:13 am

I´ve download the trial versiom for mac from tracode website and it dosnt recognize the after effects when i restart it, I have an Imac 7,1 so I download the lux plugin, this one appers in the effects list.
on the other hand, i´ve instaled the CS3 version, automaticaly launch in spanish language, how can I change it for inglish
I hope you can help me, greetings from mexico

Return to posts index

Matt Gottshalk
on Jun 30, 2008 at 3:24:21 pm

I've tried both locations and it doesn't work in either...what gives trapcode guys?

McGee Digital Media Inc.
24P HD Production and Post
http://www.mcgeedigitalmedia.com

Return to posts index

sammy pineda
on Jan 8, 2009 at 5:03:55 am

Hello I'm having a problem with my MacBook
when I try to install the software there is no
option for change the location, the program just do not
give me the option to change the location. does anybody
knows what can i do?

Thank u guys

Return to posts index

Jacob Heberlie
on May 27, 2010 at 2:12:16 pm

Has this been updated / fixed? I have tried all the above, moving to MediaCore, I can't get effects in the dropdown.

Return to posts index

Nimal Kanth
on Oct 24, 2010 at 11:32:40 pm

Hey Guys,
I am having the same problem. I can see the trapdcode plugin installed in Mediacore folder but cannot see in effects dropdown menu.

Please let us know if someone solved this issue....

Any Redgiant developers?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]