FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shine - Basic "Do"s and "Don't"s???

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
terrycoolidge
Shine - Basic "Do"s and "Don't"s???
on Jul 24, 2007 at 8:59:35 pm

I'm a fairly experienced AE user, and I feel like I have a handle on how to make things look classy, elegant, and professional, and how to avoid making things look cheap and cheesy.

I'm curious if there are any good "rule of thumb" type tips that can help Shine usage avoid looking like "he simply just slapped a plug-in on that." I've seen Shine-type effects that look really cool, and other uses where it has looked painfully amateurish. What would you all recommend? Does it have to do primarily with the speed of the source point (fast vs. slow)? Ray length? I know that I will want to play with more than one parameter, but are there some properties that should be left alone while others really need to be animated? I haven't studied the good and the bad to figure out where the separation is, but I'd be curious to know if there is any advice that would help get me going in a good direction right off the bad.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Nick Berrisford
Re: Shine - Basic "Do"s and "Don't"s???
on Jul 25, 2007 at 5:01:30 am

From my experience, it is usually less what you do with the Shine settings and more what you apply it to and why. Shafts of light for shafts of light sake doesn;t do much. But if it is there for a purpose or as a logical enhancement, that's when it really works.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]