FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trapcode MacTel/ CS3 Updates

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Smith
Trapcode MacTel/ CS3 Updates
on Jul 23, 2007 at 1:00:34 pm

I saw on trapcode's site that the new 3S pack is available for MacTel/ CS3. I also saw free updates to lux, particular, echospace and sound keys.

I download the free updates and ran the installers. The first installer in each pack installs the files as normal. I chose the effects plug-in folder in the AE application folder. The next installer for the CS3 update says:
"No installation was necessary. The files to be installed are already on your disk, or are not needed for your hardware setup."

Am I missing something simple? Are these updates just for CS3 but not MacTel even though the home page says MatTel? Or am I running into a bug?

Thanks,
Dave

Return to posts index

Ken Latman
Re: Trapcode MacTel/ CS3 Updates
on Jul 23, 2007 at 1:15:31 pm

When I installed the Particular update, on the load up in CS3 it said that there were too verison of the plug-in installed. I checked the plug-in folder and there was only one Particular. I removed it and installed again.
When I checked the plug-in folder again, there was still no Particular. I launched AE CS3 anyway and made a quick comp. Particular was listed as an effect and it does work. There must be a different way Peder is applying the Plug-in to work.
I'm just glad I have it back and it works!

Return to posts index

Virtual Light
on Jul 23, 2007 at 3:19:19 pm

All Trapcode plug-ins are installed at the /Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/CS3/MediaCore/Trapcode. I'd be interested to learn why Peder went this route.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I had to manually copy the Particular presets in the normal plug-in folder in order to have them show up.

Jim

Return to posts index

Dave Smith
on Jul 23, 2007 at 4:28:09 pm

Funny how the installer asks you where you want to install the plug-in. Not thinking about it I put it where the rest of my plug-ins have gone. Once I created the path:
/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/CS3/MediaCore/Trapcode and put the plug-ins there everything went smoothly.

-dave

Return to posts index

Dave Smith
on Jul 23, 2007 at 4:28:10 pm

Funny how the installer asks you where you want to install the plug-in. Not thinking about it I put it where the rest of my plug-ins have gone. Once I created the path:
/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/CS3/MediaCore/Trapcode and put the plug-ins there everything went smoothly.

-dave

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]