FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pre Planning for 3d Stroke

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dr_Phong
Pre Planning for 3d Stroke
on Jul 19, 2007 at 1:43:40 pm

Creating a spot that uses 3d stroke through out the piece to guide the viewer deeper into 3d space. What I was wondering is: What is the best method for planning the shape of my mask before adding the effect so that I have a result that is close to what I need, therefore negating the process of 500 tweaks? I understand the tool pretty well, just need help in a less time consuming method for getting the shape of the line that I want.

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
Re: Pre Planning for 3d Stroke
on Jul 19, 2007 at 4:31:29 pm

depends on what kind of shape you want of course. if you find AE's mask tool insufficient, you can create the path in Illustrator and then copy/paste it into a layer in AE. try the method first before spending a lot of time in illustrator, I seem to remember a clipboard pref needed setting (AICB export paths or something like that) although I think that is on by default in more recent versions of illustator.

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

Dr_Phong
Re: Pre Planning for 3d Stroke
on Jul 20, 2007 at 6:14:30 am

Thanks for your response Peder. I understand how to create the path in both Illustrator and AE, what I was wondering is how can I plan the shape of the mask for my project. For example, I want a line moving from left to right and extending into the z axis with continuos motion through out the spot. I'm wondering what the best way is to plan the shape of the mask so that I don't have to spend alot of time experimenting.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]