FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particular "floating 3D (DOF) rotating dust"

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
silversurfer
Particular "floating 3D (DOF) rotating dust"
on Jul 17, 2007 at 1:41:16 pm

Hi Guys...

I am trying to figure out how to create a field of 3D (DOF) dust that rotates (Y) but hovers...doesn't keep coming at the camera. I can't figure out how to get the particles to stop.

Joey

Joe Morelli
Motion Graphics Designer / Editor
DigiDojo

Return to posts index

Nick Berrisford
Re: Particular "floating 3D (DOF) rotating dust"
on Jul 17, 2007 at 3:42:25 pm

You use the Physics Time Facctor to keyframe down to a factor of zero. There are details in the built in help in the Particular "options"

Return to posts index

silversurfer
on Jul 17, 2007 at 3:56:28 pm

Thank you for responding Nick :)

I am also having difficulty with rotating the emitter in "Y". It rotates when I scrub the numbers, but when I set a keyframe, go to another point in the timeline, scrub the "Y" rotation numbers again to rotate a few degrees, it does nothing - no changes. Been at this for over an hour...very frustrating :(

Thanks.

Joey

Joe Morelli
Motion Graphics Designer / Editor
DigiDojo

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
on Jul 18, 2007 at 6:12:55 pm

Keyframing Emitter Rotation Y does not affect particles already born, it is a direction tool so you can squirt particles out in any direction, and the direction can be changed over time. Hope that makes sense.

To do what you want, instead parent the camera to a 3D null and keyframe Y rotation on the null.

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

gcharron
on Jul 19, 2007 at 5:16:06 am

I'm not sure if this is your problem but a particle is always facing the camera. But you can trick this by using a custom particle in a pre-comp and linking the camera of the particle to the camera in the main comp.

Actualy, there is a very good tutorial on this somewhere. I can't find it. Maybe someone could help on this.

I hope it helped.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]