FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particular Probs

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt  Clugston
Particular Probs
on Jul 9, 2007 at 9:46:11 pm

thanks for your input here guys, i dont need the particles to follow a light emitter in this instance.

Basically what im trying to acheive is some clouds roationg round a sphere, im using a PNG (the planet) as an obscuration layer so that the particles look like their going round it and then trying to rotate the emitters x-rotation so they revolve round the PNG - however - like i say, i can scrub the x-rotation back and forth and watch it work perfectly in the viewport, once i click the animate / clock icon i suddenly dont have the option to animate or even see the animation.

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
Re: Particular Probs
on Jul 10, 2007 at 5:16:35 pm

I'm afraid the only way to do that is to rotate the camera around the scene (parent camera to 3d null, keyframe Y rotation on null), not sure if it will work with an obscuration layer.

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
on Jul 10, 2007 at 10:45:27 pm

Should actually work with an obscuration layer if you parent the obscuration layer to the camera.

I've added a "rotate particles with emitter" function to the feature request for v2 :-)

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

QueJet
on Jul 11, 2007 at 3:11:38 am

WARNING, obstruction layers for large particles or a solid mass of particles looks bad, obstruction does not support transparency (which means it doesn't support anti-anilising)

If you don't set the edges up correctly then you will get some BAD results.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]