FORUMS: list search recent posts

Depth of Field in Particular

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Berrisford
Depth of Field in Particular
on Jul 9, 2007 at 5:36:00 pm

I am having trouble with depth of field use when I am using Particular. What I would like is a bunch of particles spread out in Z-space that react to camera depth of field. I know this is possible somehow - and I can see that certain particles are labeled "(No DOF)" and I am not using those. But no matter what I do, my particles all are in the same focus, nor do they react to the cameras changing DOF. I am guessing that this MAY be an issue with Particular being a 2D layer and not a true 3D layer. I can get my particles to all respond to the camera DOF by turning on the 3D layer switch - but obviously it is just the layer being affected and not the individual particles.

So does any have any ideas how to do this? As I said, I have seen particular affected by DOF in sample projects I have seen. The only thing I can think of is maybe animating the Z-position of my Particular layer over time, but I am not getting the right look so far. Is there a better way? The look I am goin for would be like rain drops falling but near ones and far ones are out of foccus.

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
Re: Depth of Field in Particular
on Jul 10, 2007 at 5:14:36 pm

look in the built-in help, there is a step-by-step tutorial on DOF.

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

Nick Berrisford
Re: Depth of Field in Particular
on Jul 11, 2007 at 6:13:30 pm

Thanks Peder. I forgot that built in help was there. I see what I was doing wrong now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]