FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trapcode Particular 1.5 Fade Out Birth Emitter?

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
blaze129
Trapcode Particular 1.5 Fade Out Birth Emitter?
on Jul 7, 2007 at 8:25:13 pm

I just upgraded to Trapcode Particular 1.5 and also downloaded the sample project

Return to posts index

Lord Scales
Re: Trapcode Particular 1.5 Fade Out Birth Emitter?
on Jul 8, 2007 at 11:49:09 am

If I got it right...
Remember: the particles follow the Motion Path (the light) over their lives. They are not being emitted from the light when using a motion path. They are young when near the emitter and "get old" as moving in the path. If you diminish the opacity or size in the end of the live, the particles that will fade out are near the current light position.

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcow
blaze129
on Jul 9, 2007 at 5:53:35 pm

Thanks for your response! I understand that the particles are not being emitted from the motion path of the light but rather from the position of the emitter. The effect I want to achieve is fading out the birth of the particles (starting point) once the motion path has stopped or moved out of frame. For example, if I place the emitter on the left side of the screen (out of frame) and then used a light (motion path) to move particles to the right of the side of the screen (out of frame), I then want the particles to fade out starting from the left side moving right to give the effect that particles traveled through the screen from left to right. When I adjust the

Return to posts index

QueJet
on Jul 11, 2007 at 3:16:07 am

i think i understand where your going with this. I was pretty sure there is a starting opacity setting to animate (my after effects is messed up due to vista... so i can't check)

anyway you ever consider using a transparent fadeing to black gradient over top the screen? If the particles are small the viewer wouldn't be able to tell it's there.

If your smart you could pre compose it, then multiply the alpha channels of the gradient and the particular layer, that will work almost perfectly in the situation you describe, and since you could hide the gradient you would be able to composite that over anything.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Return to posts index

blaze129
on Jul 12, 2007 at 3:30:00 pm

That sounds like that could work... I'll give it a try - Thanks!

Return to posts index

Tim Bentley
on Jul 2, 2012 at 11:13:16 am

I know this is an old post, but I had the same problem and hopefully the solution will be useful for anyone who, like me, has just spent ages trawling the web for a response.

You need to keyframe the Particles/sec option in the Emitter, so that by the time you want the particles to start disappearing, the particles per second is set to zero. They will then start disappearing from the start of your motion path, along the path, over the length of the particle life. Hope that helps someone :-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]