FORUMS: list search recent posts

The dreaded 3rd dimension and particular

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Wolf
The dreaded 3rd dimension and particular
on Jun 30, 2007 at 7:32:41 pm

Ok, here's what I'm trying to do. Seems simple but it's not. Who gets a gold star for helping me figure this out.

I'm tring to make the particle move around z-space in a spiral shape (imagine a butterfly flying around a flower).

I have a particle with a light-based emitter, and a spiral mask shape that I created in Illustrator. I can paste that mask shape as positional keyframes on the emitter, put that only gets the particle to travel in X and Y, not Z.

I know that masks are always 2D, but is there a way to make the Z property take its value from the Y? I've tried pasting the keyframes into a 3D Null, then parenting the light's position properties, but that didn't work. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Rob

Return to posts index

QueJet
Re: The dreaded 3rd dimension and particular
on Jul 1, 2007 at 3:55:29 am

Your setup does seem strange. There was a tutorial somewhere on animating a camera to a path, he goes pretty quick, and its not 100% exactly what your doing, but he DOES get an object to follow a path, and in reality that object could be anything, from a layer to a light.

nooooow where did they put that bloody thing
*dig*
*dig*
*dig*

AHA!
here we are

Good LUCK!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Return to posts index

sandman01
Re: The dreaded 3rd dimension and particular
on Jul 1, 2007 at 12:22:12 pm

you could paste the mask then move the points in z space so you get the threedimensionality. You could also adjust the timing of your keyframes to get a more organic feel.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]