FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particular/AE7/MacIntel dual 2.66

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dan
Particular/AE7/MacIntel dual 2.66
by
on Jun 22, 2007 at 4:30:33 pm

Just wondering will the current version of Particular work in AE7 on a Mac Pro dual 2.66.

thanks

Return to posts index

craigcow7
Re: Particular/AE7/MacIntel dual 2.66
on Jun 22, 2007 at 6:52:42 pm

Me too! A day? A week? A month? A year?

Some approximation of the release...please.

Return to posts index

craigcow7
on Jun 22, 2007 at 6:54:36 pm

To clarify I have a quad core Intel machine with AE3. I assume this request was info regarding that, since AE7 doesn't support Universal Binary.

Return to posts index

dan
by
on Jun 22, 2007 at 6:59:44 pm

I'm running AE7 (until CS3 is released) on a Mac Pro 2.66 and am wondering if the current Particular is going to work ???????

Return to posts index

QueJet
on Jun 24, 2007 at 9:41:23 am

your running? as in right now

then why don't you download the free demo and find out
its 100% totaly functional, it only adds some red lines over top of the work saying "Demo version"

Test it out.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
on Jun 24, 2007 at 2:04:12 pm

[dan] "Just wondering will the current version of Particular work in AE7 on a Mac Pro dual 2.66.

thanks"

Yes. AE7 runs under Rosetta on MacTel machines, all current Trapcode plugs run fine with AE7.

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

dan
by
on Jun 25, 2007 at 1:12:22 pm

thank you.

Return to posts index

Nick Berrisford
on Jul 5, 2007 at 4:33:11 pm

They work, but trust me, there are problems. They don't really reside with Tradcode plugins per se, but with any render intensive ones. Expect lots of out of memory messages and crashes in AE7 on the Intel Macs. There are partial remedies. For one, drop down the percentage of RAM used in your prefereances so that they are around one Gig. Rosetta tends to crash when Non Intel applications hit a 1.5 GB RAM usage level. Setting it to 1 GB allows for spikes to occur (which can push that 1.5 GB limit) without crashes. Also, you will want to use the Activity Monitor to trunoff all other Non-Intel processes. This prevents other processes going on in the background from causing the RAM usage to hit 1.5.

For some people, depending on what filters they use etc., this is enough to stop the crashes. For others if us, it has dropped the frequency of them, but they still occur.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]