FORUMS: list search recent posts

Stereoscopic Sequences with Particular

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stuart
Stereoscopic Sequences with Particular
on Jun 15, 2007 at 2:14:07 pm

Has anyone tried making stereoscopic explosions or fire with Particular? If not, do you thinks it's possible to do it using two cameras in AE along with particle sequences from Particular? The cameras would be set apart by an arbitrary distance to mimic human eyes. Output files would then be viewed on a CRT screen with LCD shutter glasses.

I'm trying to create a realistic 3D explosion with the sense of debris flying out towards the viewer.

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
Re: Stereoscopic Sequences with Particular
on Jun 15, 2007 at 2:31:34 pm

I have never tried it but seems doable. If possible, show us the results! You could also coloirze left and right views for viewing with reg/green glasses.

Peder

Return to posts index

Stuart
on Jun 15, 2007 at 3:01:53 pm

I'll let you know what I find. I'm not an expert at Particular yet, but if you have any links to some good explosion presets that would be great. BTW, this will not be with red/green glasses. The client wants a true feel of reality and says the colored glasses will seem too gimicky.

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
on Jun 16, 2007 at 9:46:38 am

I see, but you can use red/green for preview unless you actually have access to the LCD when working.
Check out "3D Glasses" effect in AE, also does interlaced for LCD/glasses.

I'd stay away from large custom particles.. They always face the camera so if they are big that may ruin the depth sense.

Peder

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]